3.17 Manage Dependencies Appropriately
- Dependency Updates: Regularly check dependencies and keep them up-to-date.
Developers machines do not need to waste energy installing and / or rendering packages that are not needed.
Third-party code can contain bugs and security issues. Keeping packages up-to-date and using fewer third-party libraries reduces the likelihood of security flaws.
- materials: Low
- energy: Low
- water: Low
- emissions: Low
npm uninstall lodash
- Uninstalling packages and dependencies.
- Equations relating total annual energy consumption and chips energy efficiency
- [GR491] 2-7025 – Reducing Dependencies
- [GR491] 3-5020 – Unused Dependencies
- How to Keep Your App Dependencies Up-To-Date?
- Keeping dependencies up-to-date
- Should Developers Use Third-Party Libraries?
- Uninstalling packages and dependencies
- Up To Date