4.7 Maintain a Relevant Refresh Frequency
Only send data from the server when the visitor needs it. As much as possible, you can rely on client-side or server-side cache and client-side / local storage. Rather than refreshing data on a given frequency, it might be up to the visitor to manually ask for a refresh.
- Refresh Frequency: The frequency for refresh (of both the cache, locally stored data, and the page) is defined depending on visitor needs.
Caching reduces energy consumption for both servers and end-user devices. This reduces emissions.
Caching can potentially reduce costs by reducing the amount of data transmitted over the network.
- materials: Medium
- energy: Medium
- water: Medium
- emissions: Medium
- When displaying an estimated time of arrival for a bus, it should be refreshed no more than once per minute.
- A Review on Green Caching Strategies for Next Generation Communication Networks
- A Web Caching Primer
- Everything About WordPress Cache
- Five Data-Loading Patterns To Boost Web Performance
- How Caching Helps In Improving Performance Of Application
- How to Reduce the HTTP/S Requests Your WordPress website Makes