Does the experience respect user privacy and provide clear guidelines for maintaining it?
Legislation like Europe’s GDPR and the California Consumer Privacy Act in the U.S. are intended to enhance people’s right to privacy and protect their interests as consumers. Designers should take responsibility for respecting and protecting user privacy in the solutions they create. When data is collected, digital products and services should be very specific about what data is collected and how that data will be used. Users should have the ability to opt-out at any time.
- Read What Does GDPR Mean for US-based Websites?
- Read How to Protect Your Users with the Privacy by Design Framework
- Read Integrating Privacy by Design Into Your UI Design Strategy
- Read GDPR – A Practical Guide for Developers
- Read Terms of Service, Didn’t Read