5.22 Promote and Implement Responsible Emerging Technology Practices
The organization has devised and implemented responsible policies related to artificial intelligence, Internet of Things (IoT), blockchain, and related emerging technologies.
- Emerging Technologies: The organization has public-facing policies in place for emerging technologies, and all such technologies are ethically sourced, screened, validated, and implemented in a non-discriminatory, responsible manner.
- Disruptive Technology: The organization can show how it up-skills workers as new technologies and practices potentially disrupt its business model.
- Technology Legislation: The organization supports responsible legislation related to automation and emerging technologies.
Organizations that prioritize ongoing learning and continuous improvement build stronger teams that can adapt more quickly.
Organizations with clear policies related to digital disruption are more resilient and can pivot more quickly than those without, and organizations with clear emerging technology policies are at less risk of any number of potential threats, including legal action.
- materials: High
- energy: High
- water: High
- emissions: High
- How one business encourages innovation by setting aside 10% of time for learning.
- 3rd Global CryptoAsset Benchmarking Study (PDF)
- A sustainable internet: Missing pieces to a healthy future
- AI Environmental Equity
- AI Regulation Around The World
- Carbontracker: Tracking and Predicting the Carbon Footprint of Training Deep Learning Models
- Crypto and blockchain must accept they have a problem, then lead in sustainability
- Cryptocurrency’s Dirty Secret: Energy Consumption
- Digital aspects and the environment
- Digital education: The unique learning ecosystem TechUcation
- How might we shape the future of a greener Internet? (PDF)
- In battle against climate crisis, don’t overlook the blockchain
- Sustainability of Bitcoin and its Impact on the Environment
- Sustainable Ux in VR (PPT)
- The cyber-consciousness of environmental assessment
- The growing energy footprint of artificial intelligence
- The role of artificial intelligence in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- What is the environmental impact of Web3?
- Why Blockchain, NFTs, And Web3 Have A Sustainability Problem
- Why We Need To Be UpSkilling The Current Workforce For The Green Economy